Information courtesy of Ivan Sobička
The first experimental flight STRATOCACHING, as a result of cooperation between Žádná věda association and Stsproject.net, will take place on 16 November, 2013.
Launch Date: 16-th November 2013
Launch Time: 8:00 UTC
Launch Location: Czech Hydrometeorological Institute Prague, Czech Republic
Stratocaching is a unique idea combining launch of a stratospheric balloon with a geocaching game. The Czech association Žádná věda (meaning Not a Rocket Science) with a cooperation of Stsproject.net is goung to launch a special ballon set with a gondola called Dropion that includes 12 flying modules with GPS trackers called Stratocache. The modules (an imitation of maple seed design) will be released in the stratosphere and after they fall somewhere in the Czech republic (hopefully!), a geocaching hunt for Stratocaches will be started. The project has attracted many fans (there are 60.000 active geocachers in the Czech Republic) – and currently 11.000 „stratocachers“ registered for this game.
More info (only in Czech): www.stratocaching.com
· Balloon Hwoyee: 3000g filled with helium
· Total weight of payload: 3000g
· Chute: Sperachute 72“
· Estimated Ascent/ descent: 5-6 m/s up, 4 m/s down
· Dropion: 1800g, made of styrodur, design inspired by nature (the name originally come from „drop- onion“)
· Stratocache: 93 g, 40cm long, falls down rotating as a maple pod (2,5 m/s), with a GPS tracker Meitrack MT90 (replaced battery pack – Energizer Lithium)
· Radioseed: 2 of the 12 „maple seeds“ bear a different tracking technology: RTTY+CW tracker
· Electronic systems: APRS tracker, RTTY+CW tracker, Arduino computer, pyrotechnic system for releasing Stratocaches and balloon cutoff, IP video stream module (IP camera Axis M2014, PoE injector router Microtic), video recording module (GoPro Hero 3)
· Altitude: the launch of Stratocaches and the balloon trajectory will be limited by a flight plan programmed in Arduino computer based on the wheather conditions (maximal altitude 30.000). The aim is to end the flight within the borders of the Czech Republic
Callsign: OK1OMX – UKHAS RTTY 300Bd, 7N2, 450 Hz shift, freq 437.650 MHz, SSB/USB
OK1OMX-11 – APRS, freq 144.8 MHz
Seed1 – UKHAS RTTY 300Bd, 7N2, 450 Hz shift, freq 437.670 MHz, SSB/USB
Seed2 – UKHAS RTTY 300Bd, 7N2, 450 Hz shift, freq 437.690 MHz, SSB/USB
All the trackers are using CW ID with HAM callsign in between rtty sentences. Seed1 and Seed2 trackers will transmit in CW altitude and locator also.
Žádná věda o.s.
Sdružení pro kouzlo experimentu
Janáčkovo nábřeží 139/57, Praha 5, 150 00, IČO: 22707883.
Mobil: +420 604 166 751
BALLOON NEWS WEBSTORE BUY WEATHER BALLOON BUY PARACHUTE HIRE SPOT TRACKER